Saturday, January 16, 2010

Can I own a southern flying squirrel in NYC?

Hey. I am very interested in owning a southern flying squirrel. At first I looked into hedgehogs, but was saddened to learn that they are illegal to own in New York City. However, I am now hoping that flying squirrels are legal... Does anyone know? I haven't been able to find any reliable information (regarding NYC in particular) on the internet. Thanks in advance!Can I own a southern flying squirrel in NYC?
NYC Health Code Provision, section 161.01. ';Wild animals prohibited'; lists all squirrels (Sciuridae) among the banned animals.





http://www.nycacc.org/nychealthcode.htmCan I own a southern flying squirrel in NYC?
NO contact your local wildlife center or by-law office if you don't believe me
Owning squirrels overall is illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment