Friday, January 22, 2010

Information about sugar gliders and flying squirrels?

First, are both legal to own in the state of New York?


Second, how much on average do both cost?


Third, which is easier to care for and maintain and what do they eat?


Where can you get them? Pet store? Breeder? Any additional information you can give me? And which would you recommend as a pet?








Answer any of these that you can, but the one with the most answers that are descriptive and correct will be chosen as the best answer!


Information about sugar gliders and flying squirrels?
I have a hedgehog. I was researching sugar gliders before getting a hedgehog-and sugar gliders are a LOT of hard work. I would recommend getting a hedgehog-but first see if you can pet sit someones to see what they are like. Mine is an albino and I got it from a petstore-but I would now way recommend that you get one from a breeder or better yet- a rescue.





This website has the best hedgehog info on the net:http://hedgehogcentral.com/





I suggest you read the entire thing. Tremendous info. You can locate a hedgehog rescue through here:http://www.hedgehogclub.com/rescue/rescu鈥?/a>





Or try petfinder here:http://www.petfinder.com/





April (my hedgie) is nocturnal and sleeps during the day. He runs on his wheel all night. If you don't mind the noise- they are great little guys! *Sugar gliders are nocturnal too





April likes to run around and explore- so make sure you hedge proof your home! April even likes my cat- and my cat doesn't seem to mind! I let april play outside sometimes- UNDER EXTREME SUPERVISION- but note they can get mites this way. I think that is what happened- she had patchy fur, scruffy ears so I gave her a vegetable oil bath-it worked well.





God bless-if you have any questions-please email me

No comments:

Post a Comment