Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chinchilla or flying squirrel???

Which one should i get?????Chinchilla or flying squirrel???
I have a chinchilla and what some of the other people are saying about them pooping all the time is false. I can hold mine for hours and it does not ever poop on me. They are just like cats, they know where they can poop and where they can't. On the other hand about sugar gliders, they DO urinate all over the place and they are NOT potty trained and can NOT be. They like to bite you and the hang on your curtains and they can be very mean animals. Don't get me wrong, chins can be mean too if not treated right. I would advise you to get a chin and make sure it is a small baby when you get it so you can train it to you and make it tame. I have included a website that tells about sugar gliders and how they like to bite and claw at things. I hope this helps. GOOD LUCK.Chinchilla or flying squirrel???
Flying squirrels are not legal to have as pets- in most places, they are threatened, or extremely close to being so with many forests being cut down, or pruned. They require a cavity to hibernate in during the cold winter months, and many of those trees are gone because they aren't ';pretty';. While they are friendly (I have worked with both the northern and southern species in a zoo), they are not available as pets.


If someone is trying to sell you one, report them- it is illegal.





So therefore my suggestion would be a chinchilla
DON';T GET A CHINCHILLA!. They are cute, soft, and can be cuddly, but they poop like every 2 seconds. My mom calls them ';shitter critters.'; Although if you are prepared for that and want to hold a towel under it every time you play with it, a chinchilla can be a fun pet.
oh my gosh I'm having the same complication i found a sugar glider for sale where in live and the currently have chinchillas at petsmart.


look at this pic:


http://www.sugar-glider.fr/avatar_sugar-鈥?/a>


it makes me want one even more.


also remember chinchillas fur cant get wet

No comments:

Post a Comment