Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does anyone know of anything I can put in my attic to discourage flying squirrels?

I read recently that installing a strobe light in the attic will drive them away. Hang it high, and set it to go off every few seconds. I'd probably use an old strobe from my 35mm photography days. Sounds fairly humane, doesn't it?Does anyone know of anything I can put in my attic to discourage flying squirrels?
A scented candle, unlit, preferably one that is not flowery or sweet (or you'll get bees and wasps). Citronella is to be avoided since attics are close and you might want to buy four or more candles and place them at different places in the attic. We found that Black Licorice and Pectoula (not sure about the spelling on that one) worked very well. Hope this helps.Does anyone know of anything I can put in my attic to discourage flying squirrels?
Plugs for all the holes they come in by
Try mothballs. It works for bats, and probably for squirrels too.
A midget with a bb gun....lol





Sorry, here's a site that might help...





http://www.mary.cc/squirrels/ihatesquirr鈥?/a>





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment