Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pet Flying Squirrel problem...?

I just acquired a Southern Flying Squirrel as a pet from my friend who couldn't take care of him after three years. I took him into the house with his cage that he had before I got him and of course he was nervous and scared.





After having him for a few days I tried to bond with him by putting some food in my hand (parrot food) he would run into my hand, but instead of eating the food all he does is bite my nails. I am a man and have somewhat short nails. I have heard of the apple vinegar idea but that would just make the bonding much more difficult. Please help me!!!Pet Flying Squirrel problem...?
just use a bittering agent like Ipecac syrup on them, that should stop him from biting, sweet pet tho, when I was a kid we used to have a pair that were found in the laundry room I loved how visitors would freak out when they flew off a cupboard and land on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment