Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sugar Glider and Flying Squirrel?

I would like to know if these species are compatible, given that they have different diets. I know that flying squirrels are not as socially dependent as sugar gliders, and don't have to have a partner in order to thrive, and that one is a marsupial and the other is a squirrel. Nevertheless, do these differences serve as an impediment to keeping them together in captivity? Has anyone tried it? Thanks.Sugar Glider and Flying Squirrel?
I would not recommend keeping them together in a cage. I've seen too many stories where a squirrel got in the house and killed someone's gliders.





It could also be the other way around - the glider kill the squirrel.





I say, keep the fliers with the fliers and the gliders with the gliders.

No comments:

Post a Comment