Saturday, January 16, 2010

If I have a Flying Squirrel shipped to me in CA illegally, what would happen?

I was just curious, but I want to know.If I have a Flying Squirrel shipped to me in CA illegally, what would happen?
they would have you arrested and then they would send the little guy to a squirrel rescue group.If I have a Flying Squirrel shipped to me in CA illegally, what would happen?
it is illegal as you know, the shipment will not go through. because the custom checks the package. and the squirrel prolly wiilll die before reaching you.
well if you got caught you could have a pretty hefty fine to pay
you would be fined
If an animal is illegal, then it usually has something to do with that particular species being deemed as a threat to the population, but more likely they may be a threat to the environment.





The animal would definitely be seized, and killed. The owner would then either face jailtime or at least a fine, depending on the severity of the crime and the state's laws on it (I live in NJ, so I'm sure my penalty and your penalty would be different).





I would strongly recommend that you do not do this, because you will have difficulty finding help, supplies, proper food, information, and a VET! Also, they're not the easiest of pets to keep. Have you considered rats? n_n I know a lot of people don't care for rats, but they're very intelligent and loving and quite trainable (try to get young ones).
If they're illegal in CA, they wouldn't even be able to be shipped to you, I'd assume. Anyone who breeds them, would know where they're legal!
go for it! i would totally do it...just don't let any ';authorities'; find out! it adds to the fun just knowing your little friend would be illegal!

No comments:

Post a Comment