Saturday, January 16, 2010

Do you think I should get a sugarglider aka flying squirrel?

I really want one and online it says they make good pets. But since I'm not used to seeing them as pets I'm not sure if they would be happy as housepets or should just be left in the wild. I know if I bought one it would be domesticated already, but still I don't want to get him and have him be unhappy because he wants to be outside. Then again, all the websites do say they are great pets that are very affectionate. I would get big plants he could jump to and try to make my house sugarglider friendly. What do you think?Do you think I should get a sugarglider aka flying squirrel?
It would really depends on how much time you have to deovte to the little ';furball';. They are social creatures so you would either need the spend a lot of time with it out of it's cage or would need to get 2 sugar gliders.


Also, you should check with your local government to make sure that it is legal in your area to keep these little guys. The County that I live in have some laws restricting the ownership of some exotic pets (i.e. monkeys, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders to name a few)


Also research, research, research before committing yourself to this pet. Probably not the best choice if you have small children or ';predators'; such as cats, dogs, or ferrets around...or at least the glider would have to be closely supervised when out of it's cage.Do you think I should get a sugarglider aka flying squirrel?
SUGAR GLIDERS AND FLYING SQUIRRELS ARE NOT THE SAME THING....SUGAR GLIDERS ARE MARUSIPIALS AND FLYING SQUIRRELS ARE RODENTS

Report Abuse



i have had them in the past and they are cool little critters. they will bond with you unlike any animal i have known. if you get one you will love it to death.
Totally I have one named louie it is so sweet. and it loves to get out of it's cage and fly about.
hack yes thos things are ausom

No comments:

Post a Comment