Saturday, January 16, 2010

Should I get a Prairie Dog or a Flying Squirrel?

I either want a flying squirrel or a prairie dog...which is harder to take care of? which one is better in general?Should I get a Prairie Dog or a Flying Squirrel?
I have never had a flying squirrel.


However, I do have a prairie dog.


He has been very easy to take care of.


PDs do require a lot of attention because they are social animals, so you need to keep that in mind.


Mine loves to run around and loves rolling over for scratches.


He is very interested in the cats and dogs and plays with them constantly.


They require A LOT of things to chew on to keep them from getting bored and for their teeth.





Over all I have found him to be a rewarding pet and he is very lovable.Should I get a Prairie Dog or a Flying Squirrel?
Exotic pets like prairie dogs and flying squirrels are much harder and more expensive to take care of than the regular rats, hamsters, etc. The exotic pet trade has been known to promote some zoonotic diseases (diseases that humans can get from animals). If you don't have experience keeping exotic pets and you just want something that will look cool and be different, please reconsider and get something more common.

No comments:

Post a Comment