Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where can I buy a southern flying squirrel?

I would love for it to be shipped to me.


I live in Mississippi.Where can I buy a southern flying squirrel?
What? Since when can you have a flying squirrel as a pet?Where can I buy a southern flying squirrel?
first, i would recommend joining the national flying squirrel association (www.nfsa.us). check out the messageboard to learn about their care, and check out the for sale and for adoption sections to find any flyers available from breeders or wildlife rehabbers. helen's little critters does ship them to your local airport (when there are babies available), so if there are no breeders near where you live, you could have it shipped. before you consider buying one, make sure you know everything you can know about them. i am currently 'owned' by a southern flying squirrel, and she is a lot of work. much more work than i expected, and they can live 10-15 years! they require hours and hours of dedication, so make sure you are ready to make that commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment