Friday, May 14, 2010

Sugar glider or flying Squirrels?

i have been reading up on sugar gliders for the past months and i have learned a great deal of info on them.........but i have just heard of a flying squirrel and i was told that they have no odor and do not require fresh food on the regular basis i am also 15 so please give me your opinon on which one would be right for meSugar glider or flying Squirrels?
I have a sugar glider and yes they are very cute, but oh so hard to care of. You have to give them fresh food, in just the right proportions every night. I would do a lot of research on the flying squirrel first. Don't get me wrong, I love my little Peaches, and she is a sweetiepie, its just that they require such diligence in their care and they may live upwards of 13 years, so you may want to keep that in mind. Good luck with your decision!Sugar glider or flying Squirrels?
I have had both. The flying squirrel was much harder to care for. There are no comercial squirrel diets. Nuts are expensive, so you won't save any $$$. All animals require fresh food and water.





I'd say neither are good pets for a 15 year old. Both are long lived. Are you going to college? What are you going to do with these animals? They are both high maintanance and expensive to keep and care for.
Flying squirrels are wild animals and not domesticated like the sugar glider. They tend to be grouchy and bite a lot. They are nocturnal, so they sleep all day in a box and only come out at night.
well i would say sugar glider because my cousin has one and they are so cute. but i dont really know much about them so im sorry that i might not be able to properly answer your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment